Match Preview: Luton 1-0 Nottingham Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONSHIP
Luton – Nottingham Prediction and Tips for today, April 15, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 42
Kick-off: 12:30 Luton – Nottingham
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Luton – Nottingham Preview
- As recently as 2013/14 Luton Town were plying their trade in England’s fifth tier, but fast forward less than a decade and an impressive season so far, despite entering this game winless in three matches (D2, L1), has the fifth-placed ‘Hatters’ battling hard for a playoff place and a chance to grace England’s top tier for the first time since 1991/92.
- There’s been some tough periods at Kenilworth Road in the 30 years following their last appearance on England’s biggest football stage, but extending a seven-game scoring run at home (W4, D1, L2), and a 15-game H2H scoring home streak against Nottingham Forest that started back in 1984, could help Luton get back to winning ways and leapfrog their opponents into fourth place and keep the Kenilworth faithful dreaming of Premier League glory.
- If any team is going to take Luton’s dreams down a peg or two it could be Forest, who are enjoying the Championship’s longest current unbeaten streak (W7, D3) – a run that’s taken them from mid-table to a strong playoff position. Sitting in fourth and with two games in hand on almost all of their playoff rivals, it would take a disastrous run-in to see Forest lose their playoff spot by final day.
- Unbeaten in four games on the road (W2, D2), Forest’s last away outing – a 4-1 win at Blackpool – showed yet again that when they win on their travels they do so in style. Of their eight away victories this campaign, six have now seen Forest beat a -1 handicap.
- Players to watch: Luton fans must breathe a sigh of relief whenever Elijah Adebayo hits the net as the forward has never been on the losing side when scoring in Luton colours (W14, D5). Brennan Johnson – touted by some as Wales’ next big star – has a similar winning touch, as of the 14 Forest games the 20-year-old has scored in this season, his side have won 12 (D2).
- Hot stat: Forest have led at half-time in four of their previous five Championship games.
Match Preview: Mexico - Nigeria Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Albirex Niigata 8-2 Geylang Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Tirol 1-2 Rapid Vienna Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA