Match Preview: Nice 2-1 Lorient Prediction and Betting Tips | LIGUE 1
Nice – Lorient Prediction and Tips for today, April 17, 2022
Football: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 32
Kick-off: 12:00 Nice – Lorient
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Nice – Lorient Preview
- Nice once looked certain of a European placing in Ligue 1, but a four-game winless run (D2, L2) has doused their excitement. While a recent draw against free-scoring Rennes is no disgrace, a 3-0 loss to a Lens last time out despite having a man advantage for 40 mins was particularly devastating, especially as it equalled their worst league loss of the season.
- Home form remains an asset though, as the Allianz Riviera faithful have only seen the ‘Eagles’ lose once across their last eight home fixtures (W6, D1). In addition, a strong start can only boost their cause for more joy here, as Nice are only one of two teams (along with champions-elect PSG) who haven’t dropped a point when entering half-time with the lead.
- Lorient made history last time out, coming back from 2-0 down to beat St Etienne 6-2, making them the first Ligue 1 team since October 1959 to win by 4+ goals after trailing 2-0! That win meant ‘Les Merlus’ have won three of their last six matches (D1, L2), giving them breathing room in a tight relegation battle where just eight points separated 16th from 20th in midweek.
- The miracle comeback against St Etienne was also their first win after conceding an opener in the league since February 2021, having only managed three draws from the 14 instances prior this season. Another false start will set Lorient’s nerves jangling though, as the visitors’ meagre tally of 11 points on their travels is the worst in Ligue 1 this term.
- Players to watch: Nice’s Andy Delort has scored all but one of his domestic goals after half-time this season, while Lorient’s Terem Moffi netted a brace last time out, and has now scored his team’s opener in five of his six goalscoring appearances this season.
- Hot stat: Nice have averaged exactly one point per game across Ligue 1 home matches to see them concede first (W2, D1, L4).