Udinese – Salernitana Prediction and Tips for today, April 20, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 19
Kick-off: 17:45 Udinese – Salernitana
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Udinese – Salernitana Preview
- Udinese are back in the hunt for a first Serie A (SA) top-ten finish since 2012/13, with three successive league wins ahead of this clash representing their best winning run of this SA campaign. That upsurge has been led by an improved scoring record of late, with 23% of Udinese’s total season goals coming across those trio of wins.
- The ‘Zebrette’ seem to be galloping towards a fourth top-flight win in a row – something they last achieved in a single campaign back in December 2017. This is a prime chance to achieve that too, as they are unbeaten across six SA home games (W4, D2), with four of those matches also seeing Udinese score their first goal in the opening 15 minutes.
- Bottom-placed Salernitana failed to show up for the originally scheduled match in December due to Covid-19 issues, but need to turn up in style this time. A first-ever competitive H2H win here will keep their flickering safety hopes alive, and even playing on the road for a third consecutive match may not bother the visitors, as their last three SA wins have come away – each by a 2-1 scoreline.
- Amongst that trio of wins was Salernitana’s shock victory at Sampdoria over Easter which saw them score twice inside the first ten minutes of play, and do so for only the second time in their top-flight history! Yet, the ‘Garnets’ have lost the immediately-following league trip by a three-goal margin on the last two occasions they’ve won away in SA action, casting shadows over their chances of posting consecutive top-flight away wins for the first time ever.
- Players to watch: Ignacio Pussetto has scored his last three SA goals at home, each time contributing to victories and twice seeing his side win ‘to nil’. Equally effective, Salernitana’s Milan Đurić has contributed in three SA wins this season (G2, A1).
- Hot streak: There’s been at least four cards in each of Udinese’s last 20 SA games.