Match Preview: Wolfsburg 5-0 Mainz Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Wolfsburg – Mainz Prediction and Tips for today, April 22, 2022
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 31
Kick-off: 19:30 Wolfsburg – Mainz
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:0 WON!!!
Wolfsburg – Mainz Preview
- Wolfsburg boss Florian Kohfeldt received the often dreaded vote of confidence from sporting director Jörg Schmadtke after the team conceded five times in 14 first-half minutes at Borussia Dortmund last matchday to eventually lose 6-1, a result which marked their fourth worst defeat in Bundesliga history. Actually topping the table early in the season, Wolfsburg have now lost four of their last five league games (W1) and aren’t entirely safe from relegation, sitting only six points above the drop zone.
- The hosts are, however, unbeaten in four of their last six games (W3, D1, L2) at the Volkswagen Arena and now have the chance to win two consecutive home league matches for the first time under Kohfeldt. Confidence won’t necessarily be high in the home camp, as Wolfsburg have collected 14 of their 20 home league points this season against teams ranked below them on the day, while they’ve only beaten Mainz at home twice in their last six encounters (D3, L1).
- A return of one win from their last seven league games (W1, D2, L4) has ruined Mainz’s European dreams. Whilst there’s no relegation fears this season as they sit on 39 points, they’ll need to win all four of their remaining games to better their tally from 2015/16, the last time they finished in the top half.
- The biggest problem for Mainz this season has been their away form, where they rank as the second-worst team in the league (W2, D2, L11) after last winning on the road in late October. At least Mainz have scored in seven straight away league games, which gives them some platform at least to try and record a third straight H2H win over Wolfsburg.
- Players to watch: Lukas Nmecha has opened the scoring in five of his seven goalscoring league games this season. Similarly, four of Karim Onisowo’s five Bundesliga goals this season were the first for Mainz.
- Hot stat: Wolfsburg are the only Bundesliga side yet to score from the 76th minute onwards at home.
Match Preview: Mexico - Nigeria Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Albirex Niigata 8-2 Geylang Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Tirol 1-2 Rapid Vienna Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA