Match Preview: Salernitana 2-1 Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Salernitana – Fiorentina Prediction and Tips for today, April 24, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 34
Kick-off: 11:30 Salernitana – Fiorentina
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Salernitana – Fiorentina Preview
- Simone Verdi‘s last-gasp strike against Udinese made it consecutive wins for Salernitana for the first time this Serie A (SA) campaign, and survival now looks possible. While still rooted in the relegation zone and six points from safety, a shock win here – and three points in their upcoming midweek game in hand against fellow strugglers Venezia – would put Salernitana within touching distance of 17th spot. Coach Davide Nicola remains cautious though, admitting he’s ‘satisfied’ with recent results but also aware there’s more hard work ahead for Salernitana with only six games left.
- Salernitana‘s one home league victory all season (D5, L9) means they have the joint-worst record across Europe’s top-five competitions, along with Genoa and Metz. That looks unlikely to improve as they’re winless here in 11 consecutive outings (D4, L7) and have lost 12 of their 13 SA matches against current top-seven sides, ten times ‘to nil‘ which includes a 4-0 thrashing in the reverse H2H.
- Fiorentina are looking to bounce back from their Coppa Italia semi-final 3-0 aggregate defeat to Juventus by continuing an impressive six-game unbeaten SA run (W4, D2). A repeat of their H2H win here would at the very least maintain the five-point gap between Fiorentina and eighth-placed Atalanta, while also keeping alive their hopes of playing in Europe for the first time since 2016/17.
- Having won their last three top-flight matches against newly-promoted sides ‘to nil‘, the visitors are favourites to take another three vital points here. A repeat of those results is far from assured though as Fiorentina haven’t kept a clean sheet in 12 away league matches, with each of their last five trips witnessing both teams score after half-time.
- Players to watch: Verdi‘s late goal for Salernitana last time out was the fifth of his last seven competitive strikes to arrive beyond the hour mark. For the visitors, Lucas Torreira has scored three goals across his last four SA matches – more than in his previous 39 league appearances combined.
- Hot stat: Salernitana have conceded a league-high nine goals inside the first 15 minutes of their home matches.