Newcastle – Liverpool Prediction and Tips for today, April 30, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 35
Kick-off: 12:30 Newcastle – Liverpool
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:1 WON!!!
Newcastle – Liverpool Preview
- Going from deep in relegation trouble to sitting in the top half of the table, 2022 has been very kind to Newcastle United, who have lost only three matches in the Premier League (PL) this calendar year (W10, D2). Manager Eddie Howe has been a revelation, and with three clean sheets in their current run of four consecutive league wins, he has his troops performing with confidence from back to front.
- Securing six successive home PL wins at St. James Park for the first time since April 2004 has the home fans singing loud and proud, although games have been close with the last five wins all coming by a single-goal margin. The arrival of title-chasing Liverpool is sure to test their resolve as the ‘Magpies’ have gone ten PL H2H meetings without victory against them (D4, L6), although Newcastle at least found the net on seven of those occasions.
- Liverpool head north on the back of a cagey Champions League semi-final tie, where they eventually ran out 2-0 winners, following a similar pattern to their victory over Merseyside rivals Everton in their last league encounter. That win made it 12 victories across their last 13 PL matches (D1) to keep them one point behind leaders Manchester City and still in with a chance of a historic quadruple. Peaking at the right time, Liverpool outscored their opponents 33-4 over those 13 games, keeping ten clean sheets across that run.
- The ‘Reds’ hit the road knowing only perfection will do from now till the season end as they chase history, as winning only four of their last eight away PL games (D3, L1) may be looked back on with regret. Getting their noses in front could be the silver bullet however, with Liverpool winning ten of the 11 away league games in which they’ve scored the opener (D1).
- Players to watch: Fresh off a brace, Newcastle’s Joelinton has seen nine of his last ten club goals come in the first half, while Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has seven goal contributions (G6, A1) in his last seven starts vs Newcastle.
- Hot stat: Only one of the 53 PL meetings between Newcastle and Liverpool has ended 0-0.