Fulham – Luton Prediction and Tips for today, May 2, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 45
Kick-off: 17:15 Fulham – Luton
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 7:0 WON!!!
Fulham – Luton Preview
- It’d be tough to blame Fulham for a drop in intensity across their two most recent games after securing automatic promotion (D1, L1), but if these last two outings are anything to go by, then the Premier League-bound ‘Cottagers’ may not be hellbent on wrecking Luton Town’s hopes of a playoff push. In fact, depending on Bournemouth’s trip to Blackburn, Fulham might even secure the Championship title before stepping out onto the pitch!
- Whilst manager Marco Silva assured reporters his players wanted to complete the job at home to Nottingham Forest last round (L 0-1), their performance on the pitch suggested otherwise. Fulham’s four Championship draws or defeats in April (D1, L3) have all been against clubs who had been pressing either for promotion or survival, which should be a good omen for Luton here.
- The visitors’ confidence will be sky high, especially after gaffer Nathan Jones was crowned Championship Manager of the Year during the week. His side boast an outstanding 67% win-draw rate as underdogs (W9, D5, L7), which includes a 1-1 draw at home to Fulham in which Jones demonstrated his managerial prowess with a tactical change that sparked an equaliser.
- The one prize missing in Luton’s outstanding regular season campaign is a significant scalp on the road, as they’re yet to win away to any of the clubs starting this round in the top third of standings (D2, L4). With travelling a requirement of the two-legged playoffs, taking Fulham’s scalp just weeks in advance would hand them a huge confidence boost.
- Players to watch: Fulham have won 23 of the 27 Championship matches in which Aleksandar Mitrović has scored (D4), whilst Harry Cornick has found the net in Luton’s last two Championship away wins.
- Hot streak: All but one of Fulham’s last nine Championship games have produced fewer than 3.5 total goals, as have 14 of Luton’s last 15 away from home.