Match Preview: Inter 4-2 Empoli Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Inter – Empoli Prediction and Tips for today, May 6, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 36
Kick-off: 17:45 Inter – Empoli
Tip: Under 4.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:2 LOST
Inter – Empoli Preview
- Inter Milan survived a tense last 20-minute period to hold on to a vital 2-1 win over Udinese last time out, simultaneously bouncing back from a costly 2-1 loss to Bologna four days earlier. The ‘Nerazzurri’ are two points behind AC Milan in the Serie A (SA) title race and can stay atop for a couple of days with a win here against Empoli, a team that has failed to beat them since April 2006.
- Coach Simone Inzaghi wants his side to focus on taking it “step by step” as he looks to make home advantage count in this pulsating title fight. Inter look in good shape for a victory as not only have they won nine straight home H2Hs, but they also have four wins across their last five home matches, so they should be confident of securing another three vital points here. Each of those four wins saw Inter score the opener at or before the 30th minute, and another quick start will likely ease any tension in the San Siro.
- Nine-man Empoli lost 3-1 to Torino last weekend, stretching their poor record to one win across 18 SA games (W1, D8, L9) although they are still 14th and all but safe already. That sole win, which came last month, was a momentous one though, as Empoli practically killed Napoli’s title chances in a stunning 3-2 comeback, and in search of motivation, boss Aurelio Andreazzoli might call on his side to play spoilsport for another title-chaser again.
- Yet it’s hard to see an away victory coming to fruition based on Empoli’s torrid record on the road, with no win since mid-December (D5, L5). They’ve picked up just one point from their last five road trips too, which includes three straight losses. However they could take some confidence from their disciplined performance at this venue against AC Milan in March where they suffered a narrow 1-0 defeat.
- Players to watch: Ivan Perišić has been a consistent performer for Inter in their last five league games, contributing in each match (G2, A4). Meanwhile, a Szymon Żurkowski strike could prove a good charm for Empoli as they are unbeaten in his last three away goalscoring league games (W1, D2).
- Hot stat: Empoli have scored first in just one of their 17 previous H2H visits.
Match Preview: Mexico - Nigeria Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Albirex Niigata 8-2 Geylang Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Tirol 1-2 Rapid Vienna Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA