Match Preview: Fiorentina 2-0 AS Roma Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Fiorentina – AS Roma Prediction and Tips for today, May 9, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 36
Kick-off: 19:45 Fiorentina – AS Roma
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Fiorentina – AS Roma Preview
- Fiorentina’s first three-game losing streak in Serie A (SA) since 2019 has come at the worst possible time as they are losing ground in the race for the European places with games running out. Now with just one goal scored across their last four competitive outings (L4), it appears the winter departure of forward Dušan Vlahović has been fundamental in their recent decline.
- The visit of Roma doesn’t bode well for a return to winning ways for Fiorentina, who have lost five straight H2Hs and won just one of the previous nine home SA meetings against the ’Giallorossi’ (D2, L6). However, it’s not all doom and gloom for Vincenzo Italiano’s men, as only two teams have picked up more than Fiorentina’s 35 points at home this SA campaign (W11, D2, L4), so they’ve shown they can come up with the goods when in front of their own fans.
- Winless in three SA games (D2, L1), visiting Roma may have struggled with unpredictable league form throughout the season, but José Mourinho has at least led Roma to their first European final since 1991 after his side beat Leicester 2-1 on aggregate in the UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) semi-final during midweek. There’s no time to celebrate though, as the battle for European places in SA continues to tighten, although success in the UECL final later this month would also see Roma qualify for continental football next season.
- Still, Roma are battling to finish fifth and will be aiming for all three points, but after scoring exactly one goal in eight consecutive away matches, a win is by no means guaranteed. Their last away win also came over a month ago, but with a strong H2H record and UECL momentum, Roma will likely believe they can get a result here and in the process avoid their first four-game winless league run of the campaign.
- Players to watch: Lucas Torreira has scored two of Fiorentina’s last three SA home goals, giving his team victory each time. Another goal for Roma’s midweek UECL hero Tammy Abraham (15 SA goals) would see him level Gerald Hitchens in 1961/62 as the top-scoring English player in a single Italian top-flight season.
- Hot stat: There’s been 59 corners awarded across Roma’s last five competitive matches (11.8 on average).