Real Sociedad – Cadiz CF Prediction and Tips for today, May 12, 2022
Football: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 36
Kick-off: 18:00 Real Sociedad – Cadiz CF
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Real Sociedad – Cadiz CF Preview
- A drab post-Easter run of just one La Liga (LL) point from a possible nine has plunged Real Sociedad’s hopes of European qualification into a once-unthinkable degree of jeopardy. The Basque club could even find themselves out of the top six with a defeat, but they have never lost at home to Cádiz (W13, D3), who themselves began Monday a whole ten places below their opponents.
- Sociedad’s inferior goal difference to 7th-placed Villarreal could yet unseat the ‘Txuri-Urdin’ too. However, with a two-thirds majority of their LL home matches entered as favourites also being settled either way (W9, L1), there should be no half-measures from Sociedad here – lest they risk posting under 40 LL goals in a campaign for only the second time this century!
- While the odds are stacked against Cádiz, they started the new week with the potential to go within a point of confirmed safety. Encouragingly for fans with longer memories though, they are now just one point shy of the 36 points they attained in their last LL relegation season (2005/06).
- In addition, other teams below Cádiz are still struggling for consistency, and their 3-0 win against Elche at the weekend demonstrated their ability to turn on the style and be persistent, especially with all of their goals arriving no earlier than the 80th minute on that occasion.
- Players to watch: David Silva gave Sociedad fleeting parity at Levante last time out (L 1-2), though he has a 96% win-rate from any game to see him score a first-half goal since the start of 2016/17 (W26, D1). A day later, former Manchester City teammate Álvaro Negredo opened the scoring for Cádiz, with the veteran frontman also seeing two of his three prior LL away goals this term come against current top-six opposition.
- Hot stat: Of Sociedad’s 11 prior LL home victories over Cádiz, ten have seen them keep a clean sheet and/or win by a multi-goal margin.