Luton – Huddersfield Prediction and Tips for today, May 13, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – PLAY OFFS – SEMI-FINALS
Kick-off: 19:45 Luton – Huddersfield
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Luton – Huddersfield Preview
- Against all odds, Luton Town have made it to the Championship play-offs despite their well documented injury woes and a combined squad value better than only three other sides in the division. Last relegated from the top-flight in 1991/92 and playing in the non-league as recently as 2013/14, EFL Championship Manager of the Season Nathan Jones could write his name into club folklore if he can successfully navigate three more games and gain promotion.
- This is Luton’s third attempt at the play-offs in the Football League, with both prior editions ending in semi-final defeats. In order to buck that trend, they are going to have to at least score against Huddersfield Town, something they failed to do in both regular season H2Hs (D1, L1). None of the last ten visiting sides at Kenilworth Road could keep Jones’ men off the scoresheet though (W6, D2, L2), so the omens are good.
- Huddersfield’s journey to the play-offs was also a surprise to many, but it is not quite the fairytale story Luton have as Carlos Corberán’s men last graced the top-flight as recently as 2018/19. What the visitors do have is momentum as they enter this having won six of their last seven regular season games (D1), five of which were won by a 2-0 or 2-1 scoreline.
- Three of those wins came across Huddersfield’s last three away games, and with only Blackpool (six) achieving promotion via the play-offs more often than the Terriers’ four times, the visitors will fancy their chances of justifying their third-placed league finish. Priced as outsiders due to venue alone, Huddersfield should be unfazed as only three other sides had a stronger unbeaten record as away league outsiders this season (70% – W8, D6, L6).
- Players to watch: Luton’s Harry Cornick has scored the decisive and only goal in two of his last three appearances, while Huddersfield’s top scorer Danny Ward (G14) contributed to both goals in their final day victory.
- Hot stat: All six of Jones’ managerial H2Hs with Huddersfield produced two or fewer goals (W1, D3, L2).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Sassuolo - Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Ararat-Armenia - Lernayin Artsakh Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Cong An - Khanh Hoa Prediction and Betting Tips | V.LEAGUE 1
Match Preview: Changchun Yatai - Shanghai Port Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE