Match Preview: Bologna 1-3 Sassuolo Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Bologna – Sassuolo Prediction and Tips for today, May 15, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 37
Kick-off: 11:30 Bologna – Sassuolo
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:3 WON!!!
Bologna – Sassuolo Preview
- After a dramatic and humiliating 4-3 defeat away to rock-bottom Venezia, Bologna now appear all but condemned to their eighth bottom-half finish from their last nine Serie A (SA) seasons. After overseeing that defeat, this will be an emotional return home for Bologna manager Siniša Mihajlović, who missed more than a month of match days due to his leukaemia treatment.
- Mihajlović will be presented with a Manager of the Month award for April at the stadium for Bologna’s unbeaten month in the face of his personal battles. Fans will likely be expecting a strong swansong from the players in their final home game of the season too, after a 2-1 come-from-behind win over title contenders Internazionale (April 27) took their record from their last seven SA home fixtures to a respectable W3, D3, L1.
- Alessio Dionisi’s 150th Italian league game as a manager (excluding playoffs) was not a particularly happy one as his club Sassuolo dropped points at home to Udinese (1-1) despite leading for 70 minutes. They still comfortably hold a mid-table position despite just one clean sheet from their last 30 SA outings, and the 3-0 reverse H2H defeat they suffered was one of just three occasions during that stretch where they failed to score in return.
- Although winless in four matches (D1, L3), the visitors have already managed to end two separate four-game winless runs this SA season, the most recent of which preceded their shock 2-0 win at Inter in February. The club has actually seen 61% of their SA games this season won or drawn by the pre-match underdog (W11, D11, L14), so this contest should be as wide open as has been anticipated during the week.
- Players to watch: Riccardo Orsolini has recorded Bologna’s first goal on four occasions in SA since mid-December, starting with the previous H2H and ending with his last outing. Meanwhile, Sassuolo have taken points from all seven SA 2021/22 away games in which Gianluca Scamacca has scored (W4, D3).
- Hot stat: All but one of Bologna’s last ten SA matches have produced a drawn result at half-time.
Match Preview: Mexico - Nigeria Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Albirex Niigata 8-2 Geylang Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Tirol 1-2 Rapid Vienna Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA