Eintracht Frankfurt – Rangers Prediction and Tips for today, May 18, 2022
Football: EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – FINAL
Kick-off: 20:00 Eintracht Frankfurt – Rangers
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Eintracht Frankfurt – Rangers Preview
- All roads lead to Seville this Wednesday as the Andalusian city prepares to host its third major European final, the last of which saw Scottish giants Celtic lose to Porto back in 2003. Absent from European finals for 42 years, Eintracht Frankfurt will hope for another Scottish disappointment by putting an end to Rangers’ fairytale, but the German side have lost three of the four cup finals they’ve appeared in since the turn of the millennium.
- Frankfurt boss Oliver Glasner recently stated that it’s “all about this final” for his side as he seeks to become the first Austrian coach to lift a European trophy since legendary coach Ernst Happel in 1983! Their recent form appears to back up that statement too, as the ‘Eagles’ are winless in eight domestic games but are on a three-game winning streak in Europe, all of which saw them score within the first 30 minutes!
- While Rangers had to settle for the runners up spot in the Scottish Premiership, it’s been all about the journey to Seville for Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s men in recent weeks too. Few would have guessed they would reach this stage when finishing a distant second in their Europa League group, but they have since traversed a knockout schedule that wouldn’t look out of place in a Champions League campaign, most notably eliminating German giants Dortmund and Leipzig en route.
- Both of those sides finished comfortably above Frankfurt in the Bundesliga this season, but that will surely bear little influence in this showpiece encounter as Rangers look to go one better than their last European final, where they finished UEFA Cup runners up in 2008. Van Bronckhorst’s own experience of winning the Champions League as a player may help with preparations, and Rangers will hope to tap into that experience as they seek to end a run of three straight travelling European defeats by winning on Spanish soil for just the second time (W1, D3, L9).
- Players to watch: A hat-trick for Frankfurt’s Daichi Kamada could see him win the Europa League Golden Boot after his decisive winning goals during the Round of 16 and semi-final stages put him on five for the campaign. Currently taking the top scorer accolade is Rangers full-back James Tavernier (G7), who scored the match opener in five of their eight knockout stage games.
- Hot stat: Frankfurt have already won twice on Spanish soil this season, and have never lost to Scottish opponents (W3, D1).