Match Preview: Torino 0-3 AS Roma Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Torino – AS Roma Prediction and Tips for today, May 20, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 38
Kick-off: 19:45 Torino – AS Roma
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Torino – AS Roma Preview
- Given Torino’s superior H2H record, combined with Sassuolo being engaged in a game against title-chasing Milan, their chances of a first top-half Serie A (SA) finish in three years are high. Satisfaction will prevail among the ‘Granata’ faithful regardless of the result, as Ivan Juric’s work has guided them from finishing 17th last term up to their new heights, thanks much to them almost halving their tally of goals conceded (38) compared to last season (69).
- Torino are also unbeaten in their last five season finales (W3, D2) and beat Roma 3-1 in this H2H last term, but that was their only win against the ’Giallorossi’ in the previous four meetings (L3). A quick start might help, as Torino are unbeaten in all 11 home SA matches to see them boast a half-time lead (W8, D3).
- Roma remain in the middle of a tight battle for European places, but due to their UEFA Europa Conference League final appearance, they will finish their SA duties earlier than their top-six rivals. Roma are winless in five league games though (D3, L2), leaving them vulnerable to finishing outside the top-six in successive seasons for the first time since 1994.
- Fans are split as to whether Roma will prioritise the Europa Conference League final over this assignment, with reports in the media largely expecting some minor rotation from decorated Roma boss José Mourinho. Their opinions might be validated quickly either way, as Roma are yet to win an away league game when trailing after half-time this term (D2, L6).
- Players to watch: Andrea Belotti is set to be Torino’s top-scorer for a sixth time in seven seasons, while another strike for Roma’s Tammy Abraham (15 SA goals) would see him level Gerald Hitchens in 1961/62 as the top-scoring English player in a single Italian top-flight season!
- Hot stat: None of the last six H2Hs have stood level at half-time.