Match Preview: Genoa 0-1 Bologna Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Genoa – Bologna Prediction and Tips for today, May 21, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 38
Kick-off: 16:15 Genoa – Bologna
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Genoa – Bologna Preview
- A 3-0 loss to Napoli was the final straw for Italy’s oldest professional football club Genoa as they were relegated after a 15-campaign stay in Serie A (SA). While the mood in the camp will be sombre, it could get worse if the ‘Grifone’ fail to pick up points here which could condemn them to a last-placed finish for the first time since 1950/51.
- Home form helped Genoa prolong their fight for survival after three wins across their last four games at this venue (L1), and although it proved too little too late, that does indicate that they could fancy their chances of avoiding the wooden spoon. Late drama might be on the cards too, as Genoa have scored their last three home goals beyond the 85th minute, including a brace in a come-from-behind 2-1 win over Juventus.
- The season is already all but done for Bologna, but a third consecutive 12th-place finish is within reach if they can win on this trip coupled with Udinese dropping points against relegation battlers Salernitana. Recent form is a hurdle though, as Bologna have won just once across six games (D3, L2) and conceded seven across their last two.
- Only three SA teams have picked up fewer away points than Bologna (15) this campaign and they are yet to win on the road this calendar year (D4, L5), posing questions about the squad’s morale. Their last three away draws came against current top-six sides though and a repeat result of the reverse fixture (D 2-2) will make it the first SA campaign since 1957/58 that both H2Hs of the season ended in draws.
- Players to watch: Domenico Criscito will look to sign off his Genoa career in style – his last five league goals earned points (W1, D4) with three coming beyond the 85th minute. Meanwhile, Marko Arnautović scored Bologna’s final goal of the match with five of his last six away SA goals and did likewise in the reverse fixture too.
- Hot stat: Genoa are yet to lose (W4, D4) after taking a lead at any point in SA this campaign.