Match Preview: Spezia 0-3 Napoli Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Spezia – Napoli Prediction and Tips for today, May 22, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 38
Kick-off: 11:30 Spezia – Napoli
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Spezia – Napoli Preview
- Any risk of so-called ‘second season syndrome’ were put to bed by Spezia last week as their 3-2 victory at Udinese confirmed their Serie A (SA) safety while also simultaneously snapping a four-game losing streak. That result means that Spezia now have the chance to eclipse their 15th place finish from last term should they win here and other results around the league fall in their favour.
- A win for either side seems likely given the ‘Little Eagles’ have been involved in the joint-second least amount of draws across this SA season (six). Although recent H2H history against Napoli should raise some concern considering all league meetings since Spezia were promoted have been lost by the home side on the day (L3).
- After a two-year absence from the top three, Napoli are assured of finishing third no matter what happens here thanks in part to a trio of recent league wins which followed a winless three-game stretch prior which ended their Scudetto ambitions. The lack of pressure looks to have brought the best out of Luciano Spalletti´s men, especially in attack where they’ve outscored their opponents 10-1 on aggregate across those recent three victories.
- ‘Gli Azzurri’ may be happy to be hitting the road to end their season as they’ve lost only once in their last 12 away matches (W7, D4), but they did so the hard way as both teams scored in eight of these games.
- Players to watch: Spezia’s Daniele Verde has seen seven of his eight SA goals this campaign serve as his side’s opener, while Napoli hero Lorenzo Insigne will be hoping to give himself as good a send-off as his boyhood club gave him in the last match, having scored seven of his 11 SA goals after half-time.
- Hot stat: Napoli have lost only one away league game all season when starting as betting favourites (W10, D3).