Match Preview: Hamburger SV 0-2 Hertha Berlin Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Hamburger SV – Hertha Berlin Prediction and Tips for today, May 23, 2022
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – RELEGATION – FINAL
Kick-off: 19:30 Hamburger SV – Hertha Berlin
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Hamburger SV – Hertha Berlin Preview
- It’s advantage Hamburg after they won the first leg of this Bundesliga relegation play-off 1-0 and avoiding defeat in front of their home fans will see them back in the top flight for the first time since 2017/18. However, their last two play-off appearances were level at the 180-minute mark so they’re used to going the distance, winning one of those on away goals and the other after extra-time.
- ‘Die Rothosen’ also won their last three home league games, two of them ‘to nil’ and all featuring over 2.5 goals. They scored exactly twice in the first half in each of those victories, although a repeat seems unlikely as in none of the last eight H2Hs anywhere (W3, L5) was either side ahead by more than one goal at half-time.
- In fact, the away side on the day led none of those fixtures at the interval, suggesting Hertha Berlin could face an uphill struggle even to get on the scoresheet, as they look to avoid their first stint in Germany’s second division since 2012/13. Without a win since late April (D1, L3), in only one of those games did ‘Die Alte Dame’ concede before the half-hour mark, so they can reasonably be expected to put up a strong fight.
- They’ll need more than a ‘strong fight’ here though as they need to win, but Hertha have won just one of their last 12 league away games (D3, L8), although they did at least score exactly once in each of the previous four (W1, D1, L2). They’ll have to improve on their previous play-off second leg appearance also, as a 2-2 draw at Fortuna Düsseldorf in 2011/12 wasn’t enough for them to win that tie.
- Players to watch: Hamburg’s first-leg hero Ludovit Reis has netted four of his six competitive goals this term at home, while Hertha’s Ishak Belfodil has scored four of his six goals this season after the 50th minute.
- Hot stat: The away side on the day hasn’t lost a play-off second leg since 2008/09 (W7, D5).
Match Preview: Wuhan FC - Guangzhou FC Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Meizhou Hakka 1-0 Shenzhen Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Dalian Pro 2-2 Changchun Yatai Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Kunshan 3-1 Nanjing City Prediction and Betting Tips | JIA LEAGUE