Match Preview: Poland 2-1 Wales Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE
Poland – Wales Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, June 1, 2022
Football: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE A – ROUND 1
Kick-off: 17:00 Poland – Wales
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Poland – Wales Match Preview
- The UEFA Nations League (UNL) returns with Poland welcoming Wales to Wroclaw in this opening Group A4 game. Sharing the stage with both Belgium and the Netherlands, it’s little wonder head coach Czesław Michniewicz labelled this group “incredibly strong”, and he’ll be after a much better start for Poland than what they managed in their last UNL crusade, where they played out five matches – three of which came at home (D1, L2) – before securing their first competition win.
- Recent home form for Poland has been good though with just one defeat across their last five matches, the last of which was a 2-0 victory over Sweden (W3, D1). They also kept a clean sheet in their last two matches against Wales, which makes up part of a four-game H2H winning run, yet the last meeting between these two came back in 2009!
- Wales will see this as a good warm up encounter ahead of their crunch World Cup play-off match against either Scotland or Ukraine on Sunday. A win in this one could be key to building momentum ahead of a busy June which will see Robert Page’s men play five matches! However, confidence in the camp should be high after not losing since September 2021 (W4, D5) – that’s Wales’ best unbeaten run since going ten matches without a loss between October 2001 to March 2003.
- With such a big game on the horizon, there’s every chance that unbeaten run could come to an end here as Page has already made it clear where the UNL ranks in his priorities: “The Nations League is not the be-all and end-all. It’s about exposing the younger players to opposition like that.” Though if a much-changed side were to pull off a shock win, they’d make history by being the first Wales team to beat Poland on their own patch in a H2H (D2, L2).
- Players to watch: Poland’s Karol Świderski has scored two goals across his last three home matches, while Wes Burns could be set to make his Wales debut after a fine campaign in which he scored 12 club league goals – two of which came in Ipswich’s final league game.
- Hot streak: Each of Wales’ last four matches saw both teams score; but that’s not happened in five straight games since 1962.
Match Preview: Wuhan FC - Guangzhou FC Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Meizhou Hakka 1-0 Shenzhen Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Dalian Pro 2-2 Changchun Yatai Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Kunshan 3-1 Nanjing City Prediction and Betting Tips | JIA LEAGUE