Mexico – Uruguay Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, June 3, 2022
Football: FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Kick-off: 03:00 Mexico – Uruguay
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Mexico – Uruguay Match Preview
- Mexico and Uruguay clash on the neutral turf of Glendale in the USA looking to build momentum ahead of the 2022 Qatar World Cup later this year. Gerardo Martino’s Mexico side have already strung together a solid recent run of form, avoiding defeat in each of their last nine matches (W5, D4). Another positive result in this one would see them remain unbeaten in ten consecutive games for the first time since November 2020.
- The task of maintaining that run is made tougher by the omission of key forward Hirving Lozano who underwent shoulder surgery last month, keeping him sidelined until July. Though this will impact Mexico’s attacking threat, six clean sheets across their last seven matches does suggest just one goal could be enough to seal victory.
- Opponents Uruguay have also found their groove as of late, overcoming a run of five games without a win (D1, L4) which nearly derailed their World Cup qualifying hopes, to win all four of their matches in 2022. They’re now looking to make it five straight wins for the first time since securing seven consecutive victories back in June 2018.
- Uruguay should draw some confidence from the last H2H meeting between the two which also came on US soil and was won 4-1 by the Sky Blue. However the sides have clashed at the State Farm Stadium before, a match which ended in a 3-1 defeat for Uruguay back in 2016. With those two results contributing to a run that saw both teams score and 4+ match goals across each of the last three H2H clashes, fans will head to the stadium in the hope of another entertaining encounter.
- Players to watch: Mexico’s Raúl Jiménez scored in the last H2H and in his last international appearance – both goals came via first-half penalties. With no Luis Suarez, Uruguayan eyes will be on Darwin Núñez after he scored a remarkable 34 club goals this season.
- Hot stat: Mexico scored within 15 minutes in four of their last five friendly matches.