Match Preview: San Marino 0-2 Malta Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE
San Marino – Malta Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, June 5, 2022
Football: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE D – ROUND 2
Kick-off: 14:00 San Marino – Malta
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
San Marino – Malta Match Preview
- A 2-0 defeat to Estonia in their UEFA Nations League (UNL) opener extended San Marino’s losing run to 16 straight games. Not only that, but yet another loss ‘to nil’ has prolonged their wait for a goal in the UNL and now somewhat peculiarly, the minnows have collected more historical UNL points (two) than they have goals scored (zero) in their 11 games in the competition so far!
- However, the visit of Malta provides fresh hope that San Marino’s UNL goal drought could come to an end, as the last time these two sides met, FIFA’s 211th ranked side scored twice (L 3-2)! That game was the only H2H meeting between these two sides and when you couple San Marino’s goal-shy nature with a leaky defence which has conceded 2+ goals in ten straight matches, it’s hard to see their first-ever competitive international win coming here.
- Malta certainly won’t want to be tarnished with the unwanted record of being the first side to fall to a competitive defeat against San Marino, but they will have to shape up better than in Wednesday’s friendly defeat to Venezuela (1-0). A return to the road perhaps isn’t ideal either given Malta have won just one of their last 22 away internationals (D5, L16).
- Yet strangely, conceding just the one goal against Venezuela is a small win in itself for Malta who have leaked an eye watering 19 goals across their last four competitive internationals (D1, L3). That issue has been enhanced by the fact that they have also failed to score in three of their last four away internationals.
- Players to watch: San Marino’s Filippo Fabbri, who plies his trade in Italy’s Serie D, was the unlikely scorer of their last goal! Meanwhile, St Johnstone’s James Brown could be in line for a competitive Malta debut after making his international bow against Venezuela.
- Hot streak: San Marino have conceded inside 20 minutes in four straight home internationals.
Match Preview: Wuhan FC - Guangzhou FC Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Meizhou Hakka 1-0 Shenzhen Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Dalian Pro 2-2 Changchun Yatai Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Kunshan 3-1 Nanjing City Prediction and Betting Tips | JIA LEAGUE