Match Preview: Mexico 0-0 Ecuador Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Mexico – Ecuador Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, June 6, 2022
Football: FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Kick-off: 00:30 Mexico – Ecuador
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Mexico – Ecuador Match Preview
- Mexico’s friendly with Ecuador in Chicago currently stands as their only remaining match with a fellow 2022 World Cup (WC) finalist prior to the November event in Qatar. This clash serves as vital WC preparation for Mexico, particularly after they were humbled 0-3 by Uruguay in Arizona earlier in the month to end a nine-game unbeaten streak (W5, D4).
- With Argentina standing as one of Mexico’s WC Group C rivals, this is also a crucial opportunity to end four consecutive games without victory against CONMEBOL opposition (D2, L2). That dismal run may be of concern to Mexico and is in stark contrast to a four-match streak of victories against South American nations in a three-month period during 2019, where they scored 3+ goals on each occasion.
- Prior to their 1-0 friendly win over Nigeria, Ecuador manager Gustavo Alfaro described their three matches in the June window as of utmost importance because they “will face rivals who play in a similar way to the teams we will play in the WC”. After scoring in nine consecutive matches (W4, D4, L1), Ecuador’s next test is to see how they stand up against the Mexicans, who are ranked one place (ninth) above one of Ecuador’s Group A rivals, Netherlands (tenth).
- Despite avenging their failed 2018 WC qualification campaign to book their place in Qatar, Ecuador are priced up as pre-match outsiders here. Some strong performances throughout that WCQ period forms part of a six-game unbeaten record as pre-match underdogs though (W2, D4), illustrating that Alfaro has his troops regularly exceed expectations, and could do so again here.
- Players to watch: Mexican winger Roberto Alvarado was their first goalscorer in the previous H2H in 2021. Meanwhile Pervis Estupiñán is the only Ecuador player to score in two of their last seven outings – opening the scoring within ten minutes on the way to victory on both occasions.
- Hot stat: The last seven H2Hs have all produced a winner (Mexico W5, Ecuador W2), with all but one resulting in a one-goal victory.