Match Preview: Finland 2-0 Montenegro Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE
Finland – Montenegro Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, June 7, 2022
Football: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE B – ROUND 2
Kick-off: 17:00 Finland – Montenegro
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Finland – Montenegro Match Preview
- Finland would most likely have been eyeing up promotion into League A of the UEFA Nations League (UNL), so their 1-1 home draw against Bosnia and Herzegovina on Saturday was a far from ideal start. They’re now without a win in four consecutive matches (D2, L2), with each result in that run alternating between the same 2-0 or 1-1 scoreline.
- They’ll look to buck that trend here and should be confident of doing so despite Saturday’s disappointing draw, as their recent home form in this competition is more than admirable. Only Wales have managed to overcome Finland in seven UNL home matches (W5, D1), with their defence a big factor behind that success as they kept five clean sheets and conceded a total of just two goals during that time!
- Following their promotion at the end of the last UNL campaign, Montenegro have very much continued where they left off, defeating Romania on matchday one to take the early top spot in Group 3. That was some scalp considering their opponents sat 22 places higher than them (#70) in FIFA’s rankings, but they’ll have to defy the odds and overcome a higher ranked side once again here (#57) if they are to secure three straight wins for the first time since March 2021.
- The visitors haven’t looked as assured on the road in recent times though, with their last two away games ending in defeats ‘to nil’. Perhaps the return of this competition can spark their away form back into life, as Montenegro are undefeated in their previous three UNL away fixtures (W2, D1), though all three came against sides ranked outside of FIFA’s top 90 nations.
- Players to watch: Teemu Pukki, who scored 11 Premier League goals this season, has bagged before half-time in two of Finland’s last three home matches. Opponent Fatos Bećiraj was rested for the win against Romania and could feature here – he scored each of Montenegro’s last two away goals.
- Hot stat: There’s been at least one goal scored before the 30th minute in four of Montenegro’s last five away matches.