Portugal – Czech Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, June 9, 2022
Football: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE A – ROUND 3
Kick-off: 19:45 Portugal – Czech Republic
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Portugal – Czech Match Preview
- After thrashing Switzerland 4-0 to move to the top of UEFA Nations League (UNL) group A2, Portugal can consolidate their position at the summit with victory over Czech Republic, a side with an identical two-game start to this tournament (W1, D1). All three prior H2Hs came in important competitive games, though Portugal ran out the victors in both clashes this century.
- The inaugural UNL winners have often been ruthless in victory on home soil, with a 3+ goal haul accompanying three of their four group stage home wins. A similarly dominant display would surprise few, especially considering that five of Portugal’s last six home internationals produced wins by a 2+ goal margin, four of which were in competitive action.
- Favourites for the drop ahead of the tournament, the Czech Republic have done amazingly well to score twice and avoid defeat as betting outsiders in both of their UNL games since being promoted to League A. Priced up as long outsiders yet again, the goal of survival at this level will change to hope of reaching the finals if they can spring another big surprise.
- Another two-goal haul will almost certainly be necessary in order for the Czechs to get anything from this game, as they conceded exactly one goal in each of their five UNL away games to date (W3, L2), each time against lesser opposition than Portugal. A slow start could kill any chance of success though, as the side scoring first has won all of the Czech Republic’s UNL away games.
- Players to watch: Cristiano Ronaldo scored the goal that knocked the Czech Republic out of the Euros ten years ago, and another for the Portuguese talisman here will secure H2H goals in three different decades! Meanwhile, Jan Kuchta is having a UNL to remember, having contributed to three of the Czech Republic’s four goals (G2, A1), with those strikes being his first two at senior international level.
- Hot stat: Each of the Czech Republic’s last three games have seen both teams score before half-time, the longest such streak in their games in over eight years!