Match Preview: Ukraine 3-0 Armenia Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE
Ukraine – Armenia Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, June 10, 2022
Football: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE B – ROUND 3
Kick-off: 14:00 Ukraine – Armenia
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Ukraine – Armenia Match Preview
- Ukraine (FIFA rank: #27) opened their UEFA Nations League (UNL) campaign with a 1-0 victory over the Republic of Ireland, making a strong start in their bid to return to League A following relegation in 2020/21. With their next opponents, Armenia, ranked 65 places below them, it’s worth noting that none of Ukraine’s last ten international defeats came against sides ranked outside the top 35, so they’re big favourites to prevail.
- Due to the war in Ukraine, this match will be played in Poland, but as they’re unbeaten in eight previous H2Hs anywhere (W5, D3) – all of them competitive fixtures – Oleksandr Petrakov’s side ought to be confident of making it two wins from two as they attempt to move on from the disappointment of missing out on a place at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- Even if Ukraine’s defence is breached, they might not need to score a hatful as Armenia (FIFA rank: #92) have netted an average of just 0.45 goals per game across their last 11 fixtures (W2, D3, L6) following a 2-0 defeat to Scotland on Wednesday, which saw them drop into third place in Group B1. In a frustrated display, Armenian midfielder Arman Hovhannisyan was lucky to escape punishment for throwing a water bottle in the direction of an official and they’ll need a more disciplined performance here.
- It also marked the sixth game out of Armenia’s last seven that saw the same half-time/full-time outcome so they’re unlikely to recover if they make a poor start, which remains a distinct possibility after scoring first in just one of their last eight matches on foreign soil (D3, L5). Ominously, Armenia were already trailing ‘to nil’ after 30 minutes in the last three of those fixtures, so we could see a fast start from the Ukrainians.
- Key battle: Each of Andriy Yarmolenko’s last four strikes for Ukraine were match-openers inside the first 35 minutes. Armenia goalkeeper David Yurchenko will look to stop him after keeping two clean sheets across the last four internationals.
- Hot stat: Armenia have earned under three corners in six of their last seven internationals.