Match Preview: Northern Ireland 2-2 Cyprus Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE
Ukraine – Armenia Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, June 11, 2022
Football: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE C – ROUND 4
Kick-off: 14:00 Northern Ireland – Cyprus
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WIN!!!
Northern Ireland – Cyprus Match Preview
- A 3-2 UEFA Nations League (UNL) defeat to Kosovo on Thursday heaped pressure on under-fire Northern Ireland boss, Ian Baraclough, who was greeted with a chorus of “cheerio” from the travelling Green and White Army. The only silver lining in defeat was that Northern Ireland’s two-goal haul ended a run of three consecutive contests in which they hadn’t found the net, but their winless run now stands at four games (D1, L3).
- Things are even gloomier where the UNL is concerned for Northern Ireland, who are winless in 13 outings in UEFA’s newest international competition (D3, L10). A return to a potentially hostile Windsor Park may be keeping Baraclough awake at night, and the paying Northern Irish faithful haven’t had much value for their money of late either, with just one goal scored across their last six home internationals (W1, D3, L2).
- In visiting Cyprus, Northern Ireland face a side with an identical UNL record so far this term (D1, L2), with the draw coming in the reverse H2H on matchday 2 (0-0). Another stalemate wouldn’t be a bad result for Cyprus, who have never tasted victory away to Northern Ireland (D1, L2), with both losses accumulating to an aggregate score of 8-0!
- There appears to be little chance of that changing here given Cyprus are yet to win a UNL away game in the competition’s brief history (D3, L5). That run looks likely to be prolonged here as Cyprus are also without an away goal across their last five UNL trips (D2, L3), though two 0-0 draws in that time shows their lack of cutting-edge ability could be cancelled out by defensive solidity.
- Players to watch: Northern Ireland’s Shayne Lavery bagged his second international goal in midweek, and both goalscoring appearances have seen exactly five goals scored. Meanwhile, Pieros Sotiriou has been on the scoresheet in two of Cyprus’ three UNL victories.
- Hot stat: Cyprus have never scored a UNL away goal after half-time.