Huddersfield – Burnley Prediction and Tips for today, July 29, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 1
Kick-off: 22:00 Huddersfield – Burnley
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Huddersfield – Burnley Match Preview
- Beaten in last season’s Championship play-off final, Huddersfield raise the curtain on what will undoubtedly be another action-packed season. The new-look Terriers have not only notably lost two of last season’s stars in Lewis O’Brien and Harry Toffolo, but former Town stalwart Danny Schofield has taken over the managerial reins following Carlos Corberán’s shock summer departure.
- Recovering from play-off heartbreak is seldom easy, but Huddersfield can take heart from the fact two of the four beaten play-off finalists prior bounced back to secure promotion the following season! Seven straight league H2Hs without victory against Burnley (D3, L4) may throw an early spanner into the works, but Huddersfield did dump the newly relegated side out of the FA Cup last season!
- Like their opponents, Burnley have also seen some hefty changes over the summer, with Vincent Kompany taking over the Turf Moor hotseat, and no fewer than eight new faces through the door. It remains to be seen how well Kompany’s additions gel together, but the Premier League hall of famer will hope those signings give his side the edge given Burnley’s last two Championship opening games both ended 1-1!
- Burnley’s 2015/16 promotion winning campaign ended with a 23-match unbeaten run (W16, D7), but also started with an away match in Yorkshire in front of the Sky cameras (1-1 vs Leeds) and Clarets fans may not mind a repeat of history if the end outcome is the same come May. One record Burnley won’t want to extend however, is their losing run across their last three opening away league games.
- Players to watch: Ex-Blackburn man and Huddersfield summer recruit Connor Mahoney has seen all five of his Championship goals come in victories. Meanwhile, Burnley’s Scott Twine netted 20 goals for MK Dons last season and scored the game’s decisive strike in four of his last seven goalscoring appearances.
- Hot streak: Huddersfield have lost each of their last four opening home league games.