Toulouse – Nice Prediction and Tips for today, August 7, 2022
Football: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 1
Kick-off: 12:00 Toulouse – Nice
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Toulouse – Nice Match Preview
- Last season’s Ligue 2 Champions Toulouse make a return to the French top-flight after a two-year absence. Ordinarily, Toulouse would be thanking the fixture gods for handing them a home game to open the season, but considering they currently hold the joint-Ligue 1 record for the longest home losing run in history (eight), that may not be the case here.
- One more defeat would set the unwanted record outright, and with five defeats from the last nine league H2H meetings with Nice (W1, D3), a record-breaking day is certainly not out of the question. Toulouse boss Philippe Montanier might have something to say about that however, and will hope he can be the man to arrest the slide having won three of his last four (L1) personal H2Hs against Nice.
- A new-look Nice take to the field on the back of a managerial change in the summer, with Christophe Galtier departing for PSG and Lucien Favre returning for a second spell in the Nice hotseat – bringing with him two big names in Aaron Ramsey and Kasper Schmeichel. Favre’s first full season in charge of Nice in his last spell (2016/17) saw a third-placed finish, which is still Nice’s highest Ligue 1 finish this century!
- Success in 2016/17 was built on the back of a solid start, with Nice posting an unbeaten 11-game start (W9, D2) and they were actually top of the league at Christmas! Things may not be as plain sailing this time around and Favre has his work cut-out to end Nice’s wretched record of losing nine of their last 12 games played away from home on opening day (W2, D1).
- Players to watch: New Toulouse recruit Thijs Dallinga scored 32 goals in the Dutch second tier last season and his first three were all game openers. Meanwhile, Nice didn’t lose any of the 15 games in which Andy Delort scored last season (W12, D3).
- Hot streak: Toulouse have failed to win any of their last 18 Ligue 1 games (D1, L17) – the longest winless streak in their history.