Zalgiris – Bodo/Glimt Prediction and Tips for today, August 9, 2022
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION – SEMI-FINALS
Kick-off: 17:00 Zalgiris – Bodo/Glimt
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Zalgiris – Bodo/Glimt Match Preview
- Although Žalgiris travelled to Norway having conceded just a single goal in their UEFA Champions League (UCL) qualifiers, a 5-0 humbling in the first leg suggests they are headed out. To put that in perspective, Žalgiris would now need a record breaking comeback for a home side in a second leg of a UCL match to proceed, bettering the famous Barcelona 6-1 win over PSG (6-5 agg) back in 2016/17!
- Such a win would also be Žalgiris’ first against Norwegian opponents (D2, L4), with both home games in that H2H sequence ending level. Vladimir Cheburin’s side have at least recorded five straight league wins in pursuit of the Lithuanian title, a run which contributed to them scoring first in 16 of their 19 league clashes, something they will surely need to do here.
- Now deeper into the UCL qualifiers than ever before, reigning Norwegian champions Bodø/Glimt appear set to go one step further in search of a maiden UCL group stage appearance. The free-scoring Norwegians have now scored 13 goals across their last two qualifiers, which includes a club record 8-0 win in the previous round!
- Only the bold may underestimate Bodø/Glimt after they announced themselves on the European stage with a pair of victories against the eventual Conference League champions Roma and a historic away win against Celtic last term. Even so, they have taken their foot off the gas in away qualifiers this time around, losing as odds-on favourites in their last two such trips.
- Players to watch: Renan Oliveira scored in Žalgiris’ recent 2-0 UCL victory over Malmö and hit crucial result-altering goals in four of his last six domestic outings. As for Bodø/Glimt, midfield man Amahl Pellegrino made at least one goal contribution in eight of their last ten halves of play (G8, A2).
- Hot stat: Just four of Bodø/Glimt’s 24 overall European wins came when playing away (W4, D7, L13).