Match Preview: Qarabag – Plzen Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION
Qarabag – Plzen Prediction and Tips for today
Qarabag – Plzen Prediction and Tips for today, August 17, 2022
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION – FINAL
Kick-off: 17:45 Qarabag – Plzen
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Qarabag – Plzen Prediction and Match Preview
- Qarabağ host Plzeň in sweltering Baku for the first-leg of what looks an evenly matched UEFA Champions League (UCL) play-off tie. Still the only Azerbaijani outfit to make it beyond the UCL qualification rounds, Qarabağ will be desperate to secure a victory that will take them to the group stages of the UCL for the first time since 2017/18 – the furthest they have ever gone in the competition!
- Gurban Gurbanov’s men are in superb form, displayed by a seven-game unbeaten run (W5, D2), coupled with no losses in their last six UCL home games across 90 minutes (W4, D2). However, the visit of Plzeň may not be a welcome one considering Qarabağ have never triumphed against Czech opposition (D3, L3), while a six game run without a clean sheet in competitive home games raises further doubts over their credentials.
- Plzeň have started their campaign ruthlessly, boasting a seven-match unbeaten run to open their campaign (W6, D1), with only goal difference keeping them off top-spot in the Czech First League. The Viktorka haven’t appeared in the UCL group stages since 2018/19 however, and having fallen at this same stage for the past two years, they will be desperate to reward their fans.
- Despite their impressive start, Plzeň will be all too aware of the defensive issues European competition has posed them in the past, with the visitors arriving without a shutout in their previous 15 continental games on foreign soil (W4, D1, L10). However, Plzeň are unbeaten in their last 15 away trips in all competitions (W9, D6), scoring exactly twice in ten of those!
- Players to watch: Qarabağ may look to Kady for inspiration, with seven goal involvements in his last four UCL qualifying outings (G4, A3). Meanwhile, Plzeň striker Tomáš Chorý has scored in his side’s last two UCL qualifying away games, with both strikes coming from the penalty spot before HT!
- Hot streak: Plzeň have won their last four games by a 2-1 scoreline!