Tottenham – Wolves Prediction and Tips for today
Tottenham – Wolves Prediction and Tips for today, August 20, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 3
Kick-off: 12:30 Tottenham – Wolves
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Tottenham – Wolves Prediction and Match Preview
- The heated post-match exchange between Antonio Conte and Thomas Tuchel overshadowed what could go down as a fortunate draw for Tottenham, considering that both of their equalisers could have been disallowed or prevented by different refereeing decisions. Nonetheless, Conte considered the 2-2 draw “a step forward” after the result at one of their biggest rivals extended their unbeaten league run to eight games (W5, D3).
- In February 2022, Conte became the latest Spurs manager to have lost at home to upcoming opponents Wolves (0-2), who have now won three of their last four Premier League (PL) visits to Tottenham. Thus, Spurs’ second home outing of the new season is another opportunity to demonstrate their progress ahead of their impending return to the Champions League.
- Wolves boasted by far the best record of the previous PL season as travelling outsiders (W7, D2, L8), so their opening round loss away to the nearly relegated Leeds United (1-2) was as rude a shock, as was the scoreless draw with Fulham that followed. Bruno Lage’s side are now lamenting their longest PL winless streak (D3, L6) since returning to the top flight in 2018/19.
- Their stagnation in the transfer market continues to frustrate Lage, who has again publicly expressed hopes of more signings prior to the deadline. His side’s woes are highlighted by having taken just four points from eight PL away trips (W1, D1, L6) since last season’s victory at Tottenham, which suggests they’re still a shadow of their best selves as they come into this one in search for only their second goal of the season.
- Players to watch: Harry Kane has now registered goals in five of Spurs’ current eight unbeaten PL games – although last Sunday’s was the only one one to arrive after half-time. Wolves midfielder Leander Dendoncker has scored in his last two appearances against Tottenham in all competitions.
- Hot streak: Tottenham’s last 19 PL half-time leads have all been converted into victories.