AS Roma – Cremonese Prediction and Tips for today
AS Roma – Cremonese Prediction and Tips for today, August 22, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 2
Kick-off: 17:30 AS Roma – Cremonese
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
AS Roma – Cremonese Prediction and Match Preview
- Roma continued a recent tradition in the opening round, with their first goal of the Serie A (SA) season scored by a midfielder for the fourth consecutive year, as Bryan Cristante’s strike gave José Mourinho’s side all three points in their 1-0 win at Salernitana. The Portuguese boss was content with the positive start to the campaign, but admitted he would have preferred a more ruthless edge to their finishing.
- Roma fans will hope that their solidity can be transferred into goals as soon as possible, as they look ahead to a massive clash with Juventus next week. Before that, the Giallorossi will meet newly-promoted Cremonese, who should not represent much of a threat given the fact Roma have won 17 of their last 18 home league matches against such opposition (D1).
- Cremonese fought well in their opening match only to concede an unfortunate goal in the final moments of the game to lose 3-2. It was a far from ideal start for their loanee goalkeeper Ionuț Radu, whose 95th-minute blunder saw Fiorentina gifted the three points, whilst he also ended his previous stint at Inter with a huge mistake that cost his former team vital points in their run for the title.
- However, coach Massimiliano Alvini came out in strong defence of the keeper, who also made several important saves, stating that you ‘’you can’t destroy a boy’’. Alvini will now hope his continued support helps Radu deliver only a second clean sheet in nine away matches for the visitors, clearing the path for victory. Beating Roma could prove to be a step too far however, as the last time Cremonese won an away league game as a betting outsider was in November 2021.
- Players to watch: Paulo Dybala will look to strike early for Roma as seven of his last ten SA goals have arrived before the break. Although newly-signed Cremonese striker David Okereke will provide stern competition for the opening goal, as he’s netted before the break in both of his appearances for the visitors.
- Hot stat: Roma scored a league-high six opening goals at home inside the 31–45-minute period last term.