Match Preview: Dinamo Zagreb – Bodo/Glimt Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION
Dinamo Zagreb – Bodo/Glimt Prediction and Tips for today
Dinamo Zagreb – Bodo/Glimt Prediction and Tips for today, August 24, 2022
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION – FINAL
Kick-off: 20:00 Dinamo Zagreb – Bodo/Glimt
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Dinamo Zagreb – Bodo/Glimt Prediction and Match Preview
- With a 1-0 deficit coming into this UEFA Champions League (UCL) play-off, Dinamo Zagreb have left themselves work to do if they are to avoid a third-successive season without UCL group stage football. Those UCL qualifying exits in previous seasons are sure to weigh heavy on Dinamo shoulders, and after losing the away leg of their play-off tie against Sheriff Tiraspol last season, before following it up with a 0-0 home draw, there may be some nerves in the ranks here.
- However, four successive home wins, including a 5-2 trashing of Osijek at the weekend, plays part of a formidable home run for Dinamo, in which they haven’t been beaten on home turf since December 2021. That impressive form has been replicated in Europe too, with just one defeat from their last ten European home games (W5, D4), instilling belief ahead of the visit of Bodø/Glimt.
- The Norwegian Champions have a maiden UCL group stage appearance within reach now, but having lost three of their four prior UCL qualification away games (D1), things may not be as plain sailing as Bodø/Glimt will have hoped. A repeat of a 2-2 Eliteserien draw against HamKam at the weekend would be enough to see Bodø/Glimt progress here, and in turn become the first Norwegian side to feature in a UCL group stage since Rosenborg in 2007/08.
- It’s perhaps just as well Bodø/Glimt bring a first-leg advantage to the Croatian capital, as they have won just two of their 16 European away games this century (D6, L8). Such a record is unlikely to faze Kjetil Knutsen’s side though, whose high-octane style saw them claim notable scalps of Roma and Celtic among others in last season’s UEFA Europa Conference League run to the quarter-finals.
- Players to watch: Mislav Oršić netted the opener at the weekend and scored twice in Dinamo’s last UCL home match against Ludogorets, whilst Bodø/Glimt’s Amahl Pellegrino netted the only goal in the first-leg and his last three goals have been decisive in victories.
- Hot stat: Dinamo have won five of the six UEFA competition ties in which they lost 1-0 away in the first game.