Match Preview: West Brom – Burnley Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONSHIP
West Brom – Burnley Prediction and Tips for today
West Brom – Burnley Prediction and Tips for today, September 2, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 8
Kick-off: 20:00 West Brom – Burnley
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
West Brom – Burnley Prediction and Match Preview
- In the build-up to West Brom’s midweek game against Wigan, new recruit Jed Wallace called for his side to “put the opposition under pressure by scoring first in the game”. However, West Brom again failed to find the first goal, instead conceding a Championship opener for the fifth time this season on their way to a third 1-1 draw of the campaign after just seven games (W1, D5, L1).
- Such is the Championship, the Baggies are presented with an instant chance of redemption against Burnley and with boss Steve Bruce having won back-to-back personal league H2Hs against the Clarets, the West Brom faithful may be expectant. An unbeaten Championship home run in Friday-held games may heighten those expectations (W6, D3), but it could be a tight affair with five of those six victories coming by a single-goal margin.
- Things seem to have finally clicked for Vincent Kompany’s Burnley, who secured successive league victories in midweek with a convincing 2-0 win over a gritty Millwall side. Three points was undoubtedly the main aim for the evening, but a first Championship clean sheet since the opening day of the season was the perfect supplement to yet another dominant display.
- Securing a third successive league victory likely won’t come easy for Burnley, who have secured just one win from their ten visits to The Hawthorns since the turn of the century (D3, L6). Interestingly though, this will be Burnley’s fourth away league game of the season, and also the third to be broadcast in front of the Sky cameras on a Friday night, but don’t expect Burnley to play up for the camera, with both prior games this season seeing just one goal (W1, L1).
- Players to watch: West Brom’s Karlan Grant has made the score 1-1 with two of his three Championship goals this season, whilst former Baggies frontman Jay Rodriguez has clocked up four goal involvements in his last four Burnley appearances (G3, A1).
- Hot stat: West Brom have won 75% of games officiated by James Linington.