Match Preview: Everton – Liverpool Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Everton – Liverpool Prediction and Tips for today
Everton – Liverpool Prediction and Tips for today, September 3, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 6
Kick-off: 12:30 Everton – Liverpool
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Everton – Liverpool Prediction and Match Preview
- The weekend’s Premier League (PL) action gets under way when the blue and red halves of Merseyside come together for the 292nd time as Everton welcome rivals Liverpool to Goodison Park. Everton will want to take advantage of the hosting rights as they seek their first win of the league campaign, having drawn their last three PL matches 1-1 (L2).
- Nothing will be sweeter for the Toffees than a win over their neighbours and doing so will avoid some bitter history, as only twice before have they opened a PL campaign with six winless matches. But emerging victorious in only one of the last 26 H2Hs (D12, L13), including none of the last 11 at home (D8, L3), could allude to it being anything but a blue day at Goodison Park.
- Meanwhile, less than a mile away at Anfield, emotions should still be running high after a chaotic two home fixtures for Liverpool. The 9-0 trouncing of Bournemouth was followed by a slow start against Newcastle where the Reds conceded first for the eighth time in nine PL matches. They bounced back to win 2-1 courtesy of a 98th minute Fábio Carvalho winner – that was Liverpool’s latest league goal scored in over a decade.
- Emotions also often run high when these two rivals meet and no PL fixture has seen more red cards than the 22 shared between the Merseyside rivals. And as Reds manager Jürgen Klopp marches his squad across Stanley Park looking to break their duck on the road this season (D1, L1), he’ll know a win would secure successive victories at Goodison Park for the first time since 2008.
- Players to watch: Having fended off transfer interest all summer, Everton will hope Anthony Gordon can maintain his record of scoring the match opener in his last three goalscoring appearances. Liverpool’s scorer in midweek, Roberto Firmino has netted 12 of his last 14 club goals after half-time.
- Hot stat: There have been goals in both halves in seven of Liverpool’s last eight away league games.