Match Preview: Cremonese – Sassuolo Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Cremonese – Sassuolo Prediction and Tips for today
Cremonese – Sassuolo Prediction and Tips for today, September 4, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 5
Kick-off: 11:30 Cremonese – Sassuolo
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 WON!!!
Cremonese – Sassuolo Prediction and Match Preview
- A late screamer from David Okereke was a mere consolation as Cremonese folded out to a 3-1 loss against Inter Milan. Back in Serie A (SA) for the first time since 1995/96, they have done little to change their pre-season status as one of the hot favourites for an immediate return to the lower tier, with their four straight losses their worst start to any top-flight campaign.
- After signing a whole host of new players this window to try and get them competitive in the division, fans will hope that the latest signing of young forward Felix Afena-Gyan from Roma might be the positive vibe to help them rebound here. He’ll hope to repay that investment and assist Cremonese record a first home win of the season after the side slipped to a 2-1 defeat versus Torino in their first home SA match in more than 9,600 days.
- Ahead of the first-ever top-flight H2H, Sassuolo had a better outing last round when holding AC Milan to a goalless draw. The result was a bitter pill to swallow on multiple counts as Domenico Berardi missed a first-half penalty before being forced off injured early in the second half. Even manager Alessio Dionisi said “the forced change is the bitter morsel”, dampening the excitement over extending their unbeaten run (W1, D2).
- Having started their SA home campaign with successive legitimate clean sheets for the first time, Sassuolo will hope to travel in better order after conceding eight in their three competitive trips this season. That could be crucial to picking up consecutive SA shutouts for the first time since December 2020, with the second game back then coming against a newly-promoted side.
- Key battle: Former Sassuolo player Leonardo Sernicola scored Cremonese’s last home goal but the defender’s main job here will be to stop Andrea Pinamonti, who scored Sassuolo’s last away goal thereby becoming the first player born since 1999 to have scored at least one SA goal for five different sides!
- Hot stat: Sassuolo haven’t seen any goals scored beyond the 60th minute in SA this season, while Cremonese have seen 54% of their match goals scored during this period.