Werder Bremen – Augsburg Prediction and Tips for today
Werder Bremen – Augsburg Prediction and Tips for today, September 9, 2022
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 6
Kick-off: 19:30 Werder Bremen – Augsburg
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Werder Bremen – Augsburg Prediction and Match Preview
- Fresh off the back of a 2-0 Bundesliga victory over Bochum, newly-promoted Werder Bremen will be hoping to extend what has been a positive start to their campaign (W2, D2, L1). Bremen are seemingly on the hunt for new Bundesliga records every matchday, as after becoming the first team in the league’s history to score three times after the 89th minute in the third round, they are now the first-ever team in the Bundesliga to score a header in each of the first five games!
- Despite that win at Bochum marking consecutive Bundesliga victories on their travels, Bremen have recently struggled at home and are yet to pick up a point this campaign (D1, L1). Coach Ole Werner spoke of improvement last weekend, giving particular praise to his defence which kept their first clean sheet of the season in that win after Bremen’s four games prior produced at least four total goals and saw both sides score, so he’ll hope to stop the home rot against a miserable Augsburg.
- Augsburg have endured something of a stinker to open the campaign, producing their third-worst five-game Bundesliga start (W1, L4). Only their first two seasons in the league saw them collect less points at this stage and they are now on the verge of equalling their worst Bundesliga run, as they have lost four games in a row only three times in their history.
- Enrico Maaßen’s struggling side even handed Hertha Berlin their first win of the season last weekend as Augsburg lost 2-0 at home, a result that produced an angry – and rare during their time in the Bundesliga – backlash from fans. So, after losing their opening three home Bundesliga matches, perhaps an away game is better for Augsburg at the moment, especially as their sole win and two of their three goals came away from the WWK Arena.
- Players to watch: Bremen’s current top scorer, Niclas Füllkrug, has five goals so far and netted his first Bundesliga goal in 2012 against this very opponent. The scorer of the decisive goal in Augsburg’s only win this season was André Hahn, and he has also assisted five Bundesliga goals against Bremen, the most of any club he’s faced.
- Hot stat: Don’t switch off early, as Bremen have scored seven of their 12 Bundesliga goals this season after the 86th minute.