Atalanta – Cremonese Prediction and Tips for today
Atalanta – Cremonese Prediction and Tips for today, September 11, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 6
Kick-off: 11:30 Atalanta – Cremonese
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Atalanta – Cremonese Prediction and Match Preview
- After inflicting a fifth-straight Serie A (SA) defeat on newcomers Monza, Atalanta hit the SA summit on the back of a near-perfect start (W4, D1). With several of Atalanta’s fellow pace-setters playing on Saturday, even at this early stage in the season, manager Gian Piero Gasperini may be watching other results intently before his side face Cremonese in SA for the first time since March 1996.
- While it’s the first time in history Atalanta have sat outright top after five SA rounds, staying there after the sixth would appear to be straightforward if three successive competitive H2H victories are anything to go by, albeit they were a while ago. The last two of those successes came by at least a two-goal margin – and three of Atalanta’s four SA victories so far this season have also matched that feat – so with Gasperini stating “scoring goals is how you win games”, Atalanta may be dangerous in attack yet again here.
- With a quick glance at the league table, you would expect Cremonese to come into this clash on a downer, with just a point to their name after five SA games (D1, L4). However, they do appear to be steadily improving, collecting a point against Sassuolo last time out (0-0), while three of their four defeats have come against sides participating in European competition this season.
- While that does explain those results somewhat, Atalanta are in top form and competed in the UEFA Europa League themselves as recently as last season, leaving Cremonese to perhaps face another long afternoon. However Cremonese’s last season in the top-flight (1995/96) might provide some inspiration, as one of the five away league points they collected that season came at Atalanta!
- Players to watch: Rasmus Højlund is finally off the mark for Atalanta and he has opened the scoring in his last five goalscoring appearances. Any hopes of a Cremonese goal probably lie in the hands of David Okereke, who has scored two of their three away league goals this season.
- Hot streak: Atalanta are the only SA team to have scored first in every league game this season.