Empoli – AS Roma Prediction and Tips for today
Empoli – AS Roma Prediction and Tips for today, September 12, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 6
Kick-off: 19:45 Empoli – AS Roma
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Empoli – AS Roma Prediction and Match Preview
- A 2-2 draw at Salernitana on Monday marked Empoli’s fourth-successive league stalemate and means they are still searching for their first victory this Serie A (SA) campaign after losing their season opener. The last time they failed to win within their opening five league matches was back in 2014/15, but as the Tuscany side went on to finish 15th that season, there’s perhaps no reason to panic just yet. However, the fact they have won just two SA matches since the turn of the year (D12, L10), may suggest that their troubles are deep-rooted.
- At least manager Paolo Zanetti can take some satisfaction from their current four-game unbeaten run, although he’ll quickly have to snap a run of just one victory across their last 12 home SA outings if they want to improve on last season’s 14th-place finish. The future might be bright however, as Empoli are the only SA team this season to have at least three goal scorers born after 2000!
- Not even Paulo Dybala and Andrea Belotti starting together in a competitive match for the first time since 2014 helped Roma to claim the points on Thursday night, as they lost 2-1 to Ludogorets in the UEFA Europa League. Clearly unimpressed, Roma manager José Mourinho was typically defensive of his troops, stating the “result was unreliable’’ after suffering consecutive defeats for the first time since early January.
- ‘I Giallorossi’ now head to Empoli for a third consecutive away match with their last league trip to Udinese (L 4-0) being the first ever SA contest to see Mourinho defeated by 4+ goals. A trip to Empoli might just be the ticket for Roma to get over those recent losses, as they are undefeated in their last six H2Hs at the Stadio Carlo Castellani (W4, D2) including a 4-2 win earlier this calendar year, which saw Roma score all four goals within the first half.
- Players to watch: Sam Lammers has scored and assisted across Empoli’s last two matches, with each of his three SA strikes arriving beyond the hour mark. Eldor Shomurodov netted Roma’s only goal in their last two matches, with his last four club goals arriving after the 70th minute.
- Hot stat: There have been 10+ corners in four of Empoli’s five SA matches this term, with the last two producing 30 corners in total.