Andorra – Latvia Prediction and Tips for today
Andorra – Latvia Prediction and Tips for today, September 25, 2022
Football: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE D – ROUND 6
Kick-off: 14:00 Andorra – Latvia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Andorra – Latvia Prediction and PREVIEW
- In this final round of UEFA Nations League (UNL) Group D1 action, Andorra have nothing but pride to play for with any earlier dreams of promotion now dead and buried. Andorra could move level on points with second-placed Moldova with favourable results, but the H2H tiebreaker rule ensures that the principality nation will remain in third place, and League D (W2, D1, L2).
- Andorra started the campaign with two victories, though both did come against a dire Liechtenstein who’ve failed to win their last 23 games. There is cause for encouragement though, as Andorra are on their strongest run of home form in their history (W2, D2), bettering a run of four straight home draws recorded nearly four years ago.
- Thanks to Latvia’s two-point cushion and a positive H2H record over Moldova, a point will be enough to guarantee their promotion to League C for the first time ever. It’s difficult to see any other outcome as this is curiously the same final day fixture as in the last UNL campaign when Latvia ran out 5-0 winners to extend their H2H unbeaten run to ten games (W7, D3).
- Nine of those H2Hs saw Latvia keep a clean sheet, which should come as little surprise considering the comparative size of these nations – Latvia’s capital alone has over eight times the entire population of Andorra! Inspiring further confidence for the relative ‘Goliath’ of this clash is the fact Latvia are enjoying their best ever winning run on foreign soil (W4), three of which came with multi-goal margins.
- Key battle: Goalkeeper Iker Álvarez is the only Andorra player contracted to a top-flight ‘big-five’ European side, but the Villarreal stopper has kept just three clean sheets from eight international appearances. Trying to do further damage to that record will be Janis Ikaunieks, who has scored three of Latvia’s eight H2H goals across the last two encounters, but he was also booked in his last three scoring appearances for club & country.
- Hot stat: Latvia have conceded more than once in just one of their eight all-time UNL away games (W3, D4, L1).