England – Germany Prediction and Tips for today
England – Germany Prediction and Tips for today, September 26, 2022
Football: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE A – ROUND 6
Kick-off: 19:45 England – Germany
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:3 WIN!!!
England – Germany Prediction and PREVIEW
- Some travelling fans responded to England’s UEFA Nations League (UNL) relegation following their 1-0 Group A3 defeat to Italy on Friday by booing manager Gareth Southgate in Milan. He’ll therefore be demanding significant improvement after England registered their first run of three games without a goal for the first time since November 2000 and five competitive games without victory (D2, L3) for the first time since October 1992!
- Following defeat to Italy, midfielder Declan Rice claimed, “Trust me, we’re going to be good,” but the Three Lions are running out of time with this game against old rivals Germany their final chance to prepare for the 2022 World Cup. They’re also trying to avoid going three home games without a win for the first time since March 2018 – a run that started with a 0-0 H2H draw.
- Like their hosts, Germany enter focussed on World Cup preparation as their 1-0 defeat to Hungary on Friday means they can’t reach the UNL finals. Manager Hansi Flick’s 13-game unbeaten run since taking charge came to an end with that defeat (W9, D4) with the match also marking the first time since his appointment that Die Mannschaft failed to score.
- Avoiding a repeat is a must if they’re to end a three-game winless H2H run (D2, L1) including their disappointing 2-0 Euro 2020 last 16 defeat here last year. Prior to that three-game sequence, they’d won their last five visits to London to face England, famously winning the previous game at the old Wembley 1-0 back in October 2000, with Southgate then part of England’s defence!
- Players to watch: Raheem Sterling was the last player to strike from open play for England, and it could be an early strike if he scores here, as he’s opened the scoring in all three of his club goalscoring appearances this term. Jonas Hofmann, who scored in Germany’s last away game, has netted three of his five club goals this term between the 30th minute and half-time.
- Hot stat: Eight of Germany’s last nine fixtures saw the same half-time and full-time result (W4, D4, L1).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Georgia - Norway Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Austria - Estonia Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Kazakhstan - Denmark Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Scotland - Cyprus Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION