Qatar – Chile Prediction and Tips for today
Qatar – Chile Prediction and Tips for today, September 27, 2022
Football: FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Kick-off: 18:00 Qatar – Chile
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Qatar – Chile Prediction and PREVIEW
- Hosts of the 2022 FIFA World Cup (WC), Qatar, wrap up their preparations for football’s biggest showpiece with a second-consecutive friendly at Vienna’s Generali Arena, this time taking on Chile for the first time ever. FIFA’s #48 ranked nation have shown that despite their automatic WC qualification by virtue of hosting, they’re worthy of their place, after winning the 2019 Asian Cup, whilst making the semi-finals of the recent CONCACAF Gold Cup and Arab Cup.
- Manager Félix Sánchez will be looking for his side to round off their preparations on a positive note, after 2-0 and 3-0 defeats against Canada and Croatia U23’s respectively. Prior to that however, the Maroons had gone 11 matches without defeat this year (W4, D7), ensuring they gained some much needed international experience ahead of their first ever appearance at the WC finals.
- This may be a better time than ever to play Chile, who are a severely wounded animal at the moment after failing to qualify for a second successive WC, losing half their matches in qualification (W4, D4). The backend of their torrid qualification campaign kickstarted a six-game losing streak in which they’ve alarmingly failed to score in all six matches, most recently going down 2-0 to Morocco.
- It’s hard to justify the Red One’s being ranked #29 in the world by FIFA, with Eduardo Berizzo’s appointment as manager in May certainly failing to bring around a change in fortunes. Chile’s record in friendly internationals may perhaps serve as a source of confidence though, having lost only three of their last 11 such fixtures (W4, D4).
- Players to watch: Qatar may look to Akram Afif to be their good luck charm once again, since they’ve only lost once in the 18 matches he’s found the net (W14, D3). Expect Chile’s Ben Brereton Díaz to start fast in search of adding to his four international goals having scored his side’s opener on three occasions.
- Hot stat: Qatar have seen the same half-time result replicated at full-time in eight of their last ten matches.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Georgia - Norway Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Austria - Estonia Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Kazakhstan - Denmark Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Scotland - Cyprus Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION