Lazio – Spezia Prediction and Tips for today
Lazio – Spezia Prediction and Tips for today, October 2, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 8
Kick-off: 11:30 Lazio – Spezia
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 4:0 WON!!!
Lazio – Spezia Prediction and PREVIEW
- Two league wins ‘to nil’ prior to the international break helped Lazio keep pace with the early Serie A (SA) pacesetters while club president Claudio Lotito was busy mounting a successful bid to earn a seat in the Italian Senate. Lotito still found the time to withdraw key forward Ciro Immobile from Italian national team duty though, and the striker’s expected absence through injury will test Lazio’s strength in depth.
- Playing at home should cushion the blow somewhat as Lazio have only lost one of their last six SA home fixtures (W4, D1), although they may prove reliant on a strong second half showing as they needed goals after the 65th minute to secure three of those victories. That was also the case in their first SA H2H against Spezia here (W 2-1) in 2020/21 and they were briefly behind in last season’s thumping 6-1 victory in this corresponding fixture too.
- With Spezia briefly proving they’re no pushovers in both games, they’ll be happier facing Lazio without Immobile given he scored a hat-trick in that 6-1 defeat here. A 2-1 win over Sampdoria before the international break should give Spezia confidence as the mid-table side look to build on a decent start to their third season in the top flight (W2, D2, L3).
- Counting heavily against Spezia is possessing the league’s worst away record as they’ve lost all three SA road games so far this season without scoring, albeit against three giants of Italian football in Inter Milan, Juventus and Napoli. While they’ll be desperate to get off the mark here, a run of just one win in their last ten league away games (D2, L7), would indicate another unhappy trip awaits Spezia here.
- Players to watch: Pedro’s last four goals for Lazio came after the hour-mark but a more likely first-half scorer is Spezia’s M’bala Nzola, who’s netted three of his five competitive goals this term before the break.
- Hot stat: After matchday seven, Spezia had scored a league-high 71% of their SA goals this term before half-time.