Match Preview: Verona – Udinese Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Verona – Udinese Prediction and Tips for today
Verona – Udinese Prediction and Tips for today, October 3, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 8
Kick-off: 19:45 Verona – Udinese
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Verona – Udinese Prediction and PREVIEW
- Coach Gabriele Cioffi joined Hellas Verona from Udinese before this Serie A (SA) campaign but would have hoped to have enjoyed a better start before this first reunion. Consecutive 2-0 losses before the international break has left the Verona coach looking over his shoulder as his side’s dire start (W1, D2, L4) dragged them close to the foot of the table. While the club’s president has been busy denying Verona are for sale, these ongoing poor on-field performances have at the very least left them in danger of collecting three consecutive SA scoring blanks for the first time since April 2018.
- There’s hope coming into this one given Verona are unbeaten in five of their previous six SA H2Hs (W2, D3, L1). Beyond a win in this clash handing the hosts a timely boost in confidence, a victory would also help them post three straight SA H2H home wins for the first time since December 1996.
- Udinese’s new coach Andrea Sottil started with just a point from his first two league games but responded with five straight SA wins after, turning them into surprise top-four contenders. That included commanding wins over Roma (4-0) and Inter Milan (3-1) but the boss reiterated that he wanted his side to “keep feet planted on the ground” after that result over Inter.
- Having already matched their best seven-game top-flight start in terms of points (16), Udinese can now post six straight SA wins for the first time since the 2012/13 season – when they last finished in the top-five. A win on this trip could also potentially make them league leaders too, depending on results elsewhere. That’d be an apt way for Sottil to celebrate scooping September’s SA ‘Coach of the Month’ award.
- Players to watch: Verona’s Lorenzo Montipò is yet to keep a clean sheet this league season but has a personal-joint high two SA shutouts from his four matches against Udinese. Visiting playmaker Roberto Pereyra may play spoilsport having scored a personal-high three SA goals against Verona.
- Hot stat: The away team on the day has failed to score before half-time in ten of the last 11 SA H2Hs.