Match Preview: Bayern Munich – Plzen Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Bayern Munich – Plzen Prediction and Tips for today
Bayern Munich – Plzen Prediction and Tips for today, October 4, 2022
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 3
Kick-off: 17:45 Bayern Munich – Plzen
Tip: Over 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:0 WON!!!
Bayern Munich – Plzen Prediction and PREVIEW
- A 4-0 victory against Bayer Leverkusen on Friday helped relieve a portion of the mounting pressure on Bayern Munich boss Julian Nagelsmann, some of which the German described as ‘crazy’. An emphatic display helped Bayern end a four-game winless streak in the Bundesliga, though form in the UEFA Champions League (UCL) hasn’t been an issue for the six time UCL winners, with just one defeat in their last 13 games (W10, D2).
- Having already secured 2-0 victories against both Inter Milan and Barcelona this campaign, success in this fixture would essentially put one foot into the knockout stages for Bayern. That seems to be well within the realms of possibility too, with Die Roten winning both previous H2Hs against Viktoria Plzeň alongside claiming victory in 12 successive home UCL group stage games.
- It’s getting towards the now or never stage for Viktoria Plzeň in this group of death after losing both of their opening games and conceding seven goals in the process. Their only previous visit to the Allianz Arena isn’t exactly a source of confidence either, with the Czech champions on the receiving end of a 5-0 drubbing, part of a run of five defeats from six against German opposition (D1).
- Michal Bílek’s side will need to translate their stellar domestic form if they are to perform a minor footballing miracle in Munich. A run of 31 games without defeat in the Czech Liga (W22, D9) secured Plzeň the title last year and has helped see them go top of the league after nine games this term. An away win here would certainly make history, but even a repeat of their 1–1 domestic draw against Bohemians 1905 at the weekend would be deemed a success.
- Players to watch: Nineteen year-old sensation Jamal Musiala has been in scintillating form this season, and Bayern have never lost when he has been on the scoresheet (W16, D3). Looking to do the damage for the visitors will be Tomáš Chorý who has netted his side’s opener in each of his last five goalscoring appearances.
- Hot stat: Bayern are unbeaten in their last 30 UCL group stage games, a run that stretches back to 2017 (W27, D3).