RB Leipzig – Celtic Prediction and Tips for today
RB Leipzig – Celtic Prediction and Tips for today, October 5, 2022
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 3
Kick-off: 17:45 RB Leipzig – Celtic
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 LOST
RB Leipzig – Celtic Prediction and PREVIEW
- A confidence-boosting 4-0 victory over Bundesliga basement boys Bochum last time out was Marco Rose’s second victory in the RB Leipzig hotseat (W2, L2), as Timo Werner and Christopher Nkunku each recorded braces. After a largely disappointing start to the season, Rose highlighted his collective mentality ahead of this game when saying “we won as a team and we need to continue this against Celtic”.
- There was no shame in losing to European champions Real Madrid in the last round, yet Rose may expect better from his charges at the Red Bull Arena as Leipzig remain unbeaten in 11 of their last 13 European home games (W7, D4). Since going down 4-1 to Shakhtar, Leipzig have now scored seven straight home goals without reply in a sequence that could continue if they can replicate the 2-0 win in the only prior home H2H.
- It’s been a difficult few weeks for Scottish Champions Celtic as just one point from two games in Europe was followed up by a shock 2-0 loss at St Mirren, before Saturday’s 2-1 victory over Motherwell did at least help them remain at the top of the Scottish Premiership table. With reports emerging ahead of this that coach Ange Postecoglu is being discussed as a possible replacement for Bruno Lage at Wolves, Celtic will do well to focus on the matter at hand which is improving some dire European away form.
- Celtic lost five of their seven European away games last season (W2), and with just one win across their last 13 trips in the Champions League proper (D3, L9), they are certainly up against it here. Casting further doubt over Celtic’s chances is a poor 15% win-rate against German opponents at any venue (W4, D5, L17), which includes seven conceded goals across two clashes with Leverkusen last season!
- Players to watch: Timo Werner has hit the match opener in all three of his scoring appearances since his return to the club. Trying to outdo him will be Celtic’s Reo Hatate, who has contributed to two of their three goals across over six hours of competitive play ahead of this encounter (G1, A1).
- Hot streak: Celtic have never won on German soil in 13 attempts (D3, L10), failing to score on nine occasions!
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Sassuolo - Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Ararat-Armenia - Lernayin Artsakh Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Cong An - Khanh Hoa Prediction and Betting Tips | V.LEAGUE 1
Match Preview: Changchun Yatai - Shanghai Port Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE