Match Preview: Crvena Zvezda – Ferencvaros Prediction and Betting Tips | EUROPA LEAGUE
Crvena Zvezda – Ferencvaros Prediction and Tips for today
Crvena Zvezda – Ferencvaros Prediction and Tips for today, October 6, 2022
Football: EUROPA LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 3
Kick-off: 17:45 Crvena Zvezda – Ferencvaros
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:1 LOST
Crvena Zvezda – Ferencvaros Prediction and PREVIEW
- Ahead of their first meeting since 1974/75, Red Star Belgrade and Ferencváros remain the all-time record champions of their domestic leagues (33 titles each) but the similarities end there as they prepare for back-to-back matches in Group H. Red Star are bottom of the group after two narrow defeats this campaign made it just one win across their last six UEFA Europa League (UEL) group stage matches (D2, L3).
- If there’s any chance of them making it to the UEL knockouts for the third year running then they’ll need to translate domestic form to Europe, after Red Star notched up three consecutive domestic wins following their matchday two loss. There’s no better place than home to start that revival and complement their domestic top-spot standing as Red Star have lost just twice across their last 15 European home games (W9, D4), including qualifiers.
- Ferencváros are coming off a domestic loss at the weekend that halted a seven-game competitive winning run, but they still top the Hungarian league standings to go with their 100% UEL group stage record (W2). That augurs well for their chances of breaking a long-standing rut of having not played springtime European football since 1974/75.
- The 1-0 win at Monaco on matchday two ended Ferencváros’ six-game losing streak away from home in the group stages of UEFA competition, in turn marking one of their best away results on the European stage in many years. Still living in the shadow of their great former sides, especially from the 1960s, it’s a sign of the times that they are now searching for their first ever consecutive away UEL wins in a single campaign – including qualifiers – to cement their grip on knockout qualification.
- Players to watch: Mirko Ivanić scored a brace for Red Star over the weekend and his last two UEL goals have come in home wins as their first scorer. Bálint Vécsei, meanwhile, has scored or assisted the match opener in Ferencváros’ last two UEL matches.
- Hot stat: Nine of Ferencváros’ last ten away UEL matches including qualifiers have seen under 2.5 goals.