Almeria – Rayo Vallecano Prediction and Tips for today
Almeria – Rayo Vallecano Prediction and Tips for today, October 8, 2022
Football: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 8
Kick-off: 13:00 Almeria – Rayo Vallecano
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Almeria – Rayo Vallecano Prediction and PREVIEW
- Newly-promoted Almería have endured a terrible start to their top-flight season, with five losses from their opening seven games (W1, D1) meaning they’ve made their worst start to a league campaign after seven rounds since 2013/14 – when they also sat in 18th place at this stage. They were able to reach 17th place and narrowly escape La Liga (LL) relegation that same season though, so there is still plenty of reason for optimism.
- Almería manager Rubi might have said that their latest setback, a 4-0 thrashing to Athletic Club, “won’t traumatise” his side, but they need to fix some problematic form as they’ve won just one of their three LL home games this season (L2), while failing to keep a clean sheet in any league contest this term. Four of their five league defeats this campaign have been settled by a single goal however, so they can at least take comfort that it‘s only fine margins hindering them.
- Rayo Vallecano arrive at the Power Horse Stadium after striking in the dying seconds against Elche last weekend for a dramatic 2-1 win, which led manager Andoni Iraola to state that the manner of the victory ‘’tasted very good’’. That result marked successive home league triumphs, but it has been far from plain sailing for Iraola’s side on their LL travels as they have won just once so far this campaign (D1, L2).
- Vallecano have enjoyed visiting Almería recently, having won on three of their last four trips here (L1) so they may feel confident about improving their away record. However, in order to do so, they may need a return of the defensive solidity which saw them keep five clean sheets from six LL away trips (W3, D2, L1) before successive defeats on their travels in September.
- Players to watch: Almería have failed to score in their last four LL fixtures since losing forward Umar Sadiq to Real Sociedad, so the onus is on Largie Ramazani to improve on his two goals this season – both of which were team openers. Meanwhile, Unai López’s 95th-minute strike against Elche marked the second latest goal for Vallecano in the 21st century and saw him open his account for the season.
- Hot streak: Almería haven’t kept a clean sheet for nine consecutive league games.