Match Preview: FC Copenhagen – Manchester City Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
FC Copenhagen – Manchester City Prediction and Tips for today
FC Copenhagen – Manchester City Prediction and Tips for today, October 11, 2022
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 4
Kick-off: 17:45 FC Copenhagen – Manchester City
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
FC Copenhagen – Manchester City Prediction and PREVIEW
- Copenhagen’s fifth appearance in the UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stages – and their first since 2016/17 – hasn’t gone to plan, and they remain one of two sides yet to score after going winless through their first three matches (D1, L2). A 1-1 domestic draw against Nordsjælland at the weekend only extended Copenhagen’s run of poor form, and they’ve now won only one of their last seven games (D2, L4).
- Perhaps home ground advantage could help turn the tide, with the Parken Stadium seeing only one defeat across Copenhagen’s last 13 home UCL matches (W6, D6), although the last three have all ended 0-0. However that record will be seriously under threat when Manchester City roll into town after they lost the reverse fixture 5-0, alongside the fact Copenhagen have only beaten English opposition once before in their history (D4, L7).
- There are few superlatives left to describe this City juggernaut, who have now won six matches on the bounce, scoring a mammoth 24 goals in the process. Encompassed in that run are their three victories to open their UCL campaign which has them sitting atop the table in Group G, and City could now secure their path to the knockout rounds with victory here.
- But Pep Guardiola will know he can’t bank the three points just yet, considering his side have lost two of their last four UCL group stage away matches (W2). This will actually be City’s first trip to Denmark since the 2008/09 season when they visited twice, defeating Aalborg BK on penalties in the UEFA Cup, whilst also drawing 2-2 against their hosts Copenhagen prior to that.
- Players to watch: Copenhagen will look to their joint domestic top-scorer Viktor Claesson to show up for them, and it may be early as he’s scored five of his last seven goals before half-time. However City’s Erling Haaland may be the most likely to impress as he continues his near perfect start for the Sky Blues, especially as he’s scored a brace in seven of his last nine UCL appearances.
- Hot stat: There’s been goals scored during both halves in 15 of City’s last 17 matches.