Atletico Madrid – Club Brugge KV Prediction and Tips for today
Atletico Madrid – Club Brugge KV Prediction and Tips for today, October 12, 2022
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 4
Kick-off: 17:45 Atletico Madrid – Club Brugge KV
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 WON!!!
Atletico Madrid – Club Brugge KV Prediction and PREVIEW
- Atlético Madrid immediately returned to winning ways at the weekend (2-1 vs Girona), but it was scant consolation for a 2-0 defeat in Brugge on UEFA Champions League (UCL) matchday three. Backed by a mass of nearly 70,000 Rojiblancos fans once again, Diego Simeone’s men are expected to go all out for vengeance in order to avoid only a second group-stage UCL elimination across the past decade.
- Four points from the final three Group B matchdays will be needed for Atlético to match the seven points that scraped second place last year. But in truth a defeat here seems truly unthinkable, especially when considering that September 2015 still marks their most recent UCL home loss to a team outside Europe’s top-five domestic leagues.
- Club Brugge are still basking in the glory of being the first Belgian side ever to make a perfect three-game start to a UCL group. ‘Het Laatste Nieuws’ duly described Brugge as Belgian football’s “best ambassador”, but an unexpected 2-0 home defeat to Westerlo at the weekend provided a reality check ahead of a very tough trip.
- With Brugge on the verge of reaching the UCL knockouts at the tenth attempt after 30 years of frustration, now seems as good a time as any to improve on a dismal away record against Spanish opposition across the past 50 years (D5, L8). That includes a 3-1 humbling on their only prior trip to the Metropolitano Stadium back in October 2018, so Brugge will need all hands on deck to continue their 100% start here.
- Players to watch: Antoine Griezmann got a brace and an assist for Atlético back then, but his main motivation will be atoning for a penalty miss – his first in the UCL for six years – during matchday three. Brugge have a hitman of their own in the form of Catalan international Ferran Jutglà, who has three goal involvements in his last two appearances (G2, A1) including the final goal against Atlético last week.
- Hot stat: Four of Atletico’s last five games, and four of Brugge’s last five games, have all seen the eventual winner lead at half-time.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Sassuolo - Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Ararat-Armenia - Lernayin Artsakh Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Cong An - Khanh Hoa Prediction and Betting Tips | V.LEAGUE 1
Match Preview: Changchun Yatai - Shanghai Port Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE