AEK Larnaca – Fenerbahce Prediction and Tips for today
AEK Larnaca – Fenerbahce Prediction and Tips for today, October 13, 2022
Football: EUROPA LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 4
Kick-off: 17:45 AEK Larnaca – Fenerbahce
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
AEK Larnaca – Fenerbahce Prediction and PREVIEW
- AEK Larnaca remain in contention to extend their European campaign into 2023, though most likely via the UEFA Europa Conference League after winning just one of their first three Europa League (UEL) Group B games (L2). Last week’s 2-0 defeat to Fenerbahçe was their first ever European encounter with a Turkish club so they’ll be hoping for better this time around.
- Although they’ve only lost twice at home in all competitions this term (W4, D1), both of those defeats were in Europe, highlighting how hard they’ve found the step up to compete at this level. They can count themselves somewhat unlucky though as Rennes needed an injury-time winner (L 2-1) and Midtjylland were only victorious via a penalty shootout following a 1-1 draw in their Champions League qualifying clash.
- Fenerbahçe are locked in battle with Rennes at the top of the group (W2, D1) and with a win here guaranteeing a top-two finish, expect them to live up to their billing as heavy favourites. As they’re yet to concede against a Cypriot club in Europe (W3), they’ll be making the trip in a confident mood, particularly as they’re unbeaten in seven competitive games this season (W5, D2).
- It hasn’t all been plain sailing away from home recently though (D2, L1) with the Turkish side scoring in or after the 89th minute in three of their last five such fixtures, having to do so to salvage a 2-2 UEL draw in Rennes. A decent start would therefore help but they failed to score before the 60th minute in any of their last three away outings.
- Players to watch: Ivan Trichkovski has netted during the first half in two of Larnaca’s last three fixtures while Fenerbahçe’s Enner Valencia bagged a hat-trick at the weekend with each of his last eight goalscoring appearances coming in games featuring over 3.5 goals.
- Hot stat: Fenerbahçe have scored first in six of their last seven UEL matches (W5, D2).